Improve Safety with Crane Collision Avoidance Systems
Limiting the risk of collisions means increased operator safety, lower maintenance costs, and improved productivity and uptime. CRANE 1 partners with Columbus McKinnon and Magnetek to provide our clients with “state-of-the-art” collision avoidance systems. These systems are available in multiple configurations and allow our technical experts to help you specify the exact functionality, size, and style to fit your specific application needs. These systems are ideal for all types of cranes equipped with variable frequency drives, soft starters, or contactor controls.
Magnetek offers three collision avoidance systems with increasing levels of sophistication.
Magnetek’s new ReFlx 45 enhances the performance of overhead material handling systems by preventing crane-to-crane or crane-to-end-stop collisions. Avoiding collisions results in reduced maintenance costs and increased operator safety. This system is ideal for use with all types of cranes with adjustable frequency drives, soft starters, or contactor controls.
The ReFlx 45 is a cost-effective system, ideal for a single stop action. All electronic components are built into one compact housing, enabling easy installation on overhead material handling applications. Don’t let the compact size fool you; the ReFlx 45 packs power and functionality into a light and inexpensive unit.
Quick & Easy Setup
- System includes a sensor, 2 x 2 foot (0.6 x 0.6 m) reflector, and sensor bracket
- LEDs indicating power and range allow for simple set-up and troubleshooting
- An adhesive reflector is standard for convenient placement
- Optional DIN rail for mounting simplifies retrofit installations in harsh environments
Innovative & Efficient Performance
- 3-45 foot (1-15m) detection range*
- ≤20 ms response time
- IP67 Rated for indoor and outdoor** applications
- 12-240V AC/DC
- Four DIP switches for custom sensitivity adjustments
- Light/Dark environment adjustment switch allows day or night use
Get your crane up and running quickly with the LaserGuard Mini. This simple-to-install system allows you to program distances directly on the laser or with a PC application. LaserGuard Mini features a compact design with components installed on a DIN rail in an open panel for easy serviceability. With a dual set-point sensor, an initial slowdown point, and a stopping point, LaserGuard Mini can help prevent crane-to-crane and crane-to-wall collisions.
- 8 inches – 164 feet
- IP65 rated
- 85-264 VAC, 120-370 VDC
- cULus certified
- Two distance set points
- LEDs for power and status
- Optional NEMA 4X configuration
- Mounting bracket
- DIN-mount power circuit
- 2×2 ft. reflector
- Sensor Cable
Magnetek’s new LaserGuard2 enhances the performance of overhead material handling systems by preventing crane-to-crane or crane-to-end-stop collisions. Avoiding collisions results in reduced maintenance costs and increased operator safety. This system is ideal for use with all types of cranes with adjustable frequency drives, soft starters, or contactor controls.
The next generation LaserGuard2 is the most technologically advanced system available, using self-monitoring optical lasers to check your crane’s position. Its multi-distance detection feature is flexible enough to manage crane-to-crane and wall-to-crane operation.
- Eight-inch to 150-foot detection range*
- IP65 rating for indoor and outdoor** applications
- 85-264 VAC and 120-370 VDC, or 9-36 VDC (optional)
- Pushbutton programming that makes the system easy to use
- Can be adjusted for three individual contact closures within the detection range
- Visible light that provides easier alignment and quick set-up
- 10-meter sensor cable standard (additional lengths available upon request)
- Laser support unit
- 2 x 2 ft. reflector
- Mounting bracket